Tuesday, October 16, 2018

My Employer






At a time when job security is scarce, I pause for a moment to appreciate my employer. He is like none other and I am truly blessed to work for Him. Unlike most employers, there is no age restriction. I didn’t have to wait until I was eighteen to get hired. There was no background check or references required; He said He already knew everything about me. Initially, that intimidated me because I knew I was far from perfect. But then I realized that I wouldn’t have received any consideration for this position if He hadn’t felt that I deserved a chance.

Another thing I find so refreshing is that those who are blessed with good looks, don’t get preferential treatment over others. I have heard that other employers consider looks when hiring employees. They look at ethnicity, race, height and weight. Not mine. He looked past my appearance and searched my heart.

My employer didn’t reject me based on my lack of experience. Instead He told me that He would train me on the job. Even more surprising, He didn’t ask me about my education. I would have thought that one as influential as Himself, would only recruit those who have earned degrees from prestigious institutions. Not my employer. He has a teacher named The Holy Spirit, who has proven to be very effective in educating me.
When I was hired, I didn’t have a probation period. In fact, my benefits were already in effect before I even knew I had the job! Although I must say that since I actually started working for Him, my benefits package has improved significantly. I now have peace, joy, and love – benefits that aren’t offered by any other employer. My salary isn’t large, but He says ‘my bread and water will be sure.’

The Employee Handbook, also known as The Bible, has proven to be an excellent guideline for my job. According to my employer, everything I need to know about my job description is explained in great detail in this handbook. Code of conduct, and any ethical issues are clearly outlined. This is helpful because it reveals, not only the character of my employer, but what He expects of me.
I must admit that working for my employer is hard work. It’s stressful sometimes because the ‘other guy’ is constantly trying to recruit me. I don’t get holidays or weekends off. I’m always on the clock. There is no vacation time, at least not now. I’m ok with that though, because I know that if I do my job well, my retirement will be out of this world! The best thing about my employer – He’s hiring today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Employer

At a time when job security is scarce, I pause for a moment to appreciate my employer. He is like none other and I am truly blesse...